Cat hair stuck under Pro screen!

Reaction score
This is ridiculous.

Last night, I come home from work and power up the Macbook Pro. I see a small black line in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I was convinced that I cracked the LCD screen, as the line wouldn't disappear after cleaning the screen. After shutting the Macbook and reopening it, I discovered that the black line migrated to the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Surprisingly, the mysterious black line turns out to be none other than a cat hair. Here's a photo:

Laptop.jpg

I work as an in-house graphic designer and I report to the director of IT. He's looked everything over and informed me there's no way of removing the hair without voiding the warranty (opening the screen up). We've tried shaking the Macbook to try to get the hair to move "out of site" without luck. It's now completely stuck in the bottom corner. As a graphic designer, it's annoying the heck out of me. It's always there, staring at me.

Has anyone (I highly doubt it) experienced a similar problem? If so (or if not), what would you guys recommend I do?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Take it to apple and see what they say???

Could try some compressed air but that might make your problem worse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The price we pay for having cats.
I have had a cat hair stuck in my PowerBook for a year and a half now.
I have just learned to live with it.
:)

Photo 28.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Seriously!! How did that get there? I have 3 cats and a dog... And I've never had any hairs in my screens. That's so odd...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
this was the main reason i dumped my pro. it was collecting dust particles (50-60 big ones) in the LCD, just like the hair.

they replaced the screen of course, but it just was always a worry after i saw that.

and not to mention, the 100 dead pixels my first MBP had, which they replaced with the "duster."

i hope that process has gotten better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
You guys are having issues with the glossy screen and not the matte one...correct??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
Mine was a 2.16 C2D, with glossy yea.

that was back in Jan2007 though. Pre-LEd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Mine was a 2.16 C2D, with glossy yea.

Was curious about that cuz i heard that the Apple glossy screens were nothing more than the matte screen with an extra layer of glossy material over it...probably a case of a bad seal or something.

Glad i got the matte! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It has nothing to do with the screen being glossy or matte.
I have a PowerBook which only came with a matte screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
It has nothing to do with the screen being glossy or matte.
I have a PowerBook which only came with a matte screen.

It seems to be more predominate with the glossy from what ive seen.

In fact, we get laptops in our shop quite often with this problem, so its not just an apple problem...its usually a large piece of dust or lint instead of cat hair though. Alot of people who smoke near their computer get ash and crap trapped in there all the time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.