Safari Bookmarks

Reaction score
Is it possible to get a bookmarks bar on the left side of the browser like in IE, FireFox and other browsers of Safari? not like the bar at the top, but like a folder system thing

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
In the menu bar, click Bookmarks, Show All Bookmarks.

Reaction score
Is it possible to get a bookmarks bar on the left side of the browser like in IE, FireFox and other browsers of Safari? not like the bar at the top, but like a folder system thing

The shortcut is to click on the open book icon to the far left of the toolbar and this shows all your bookmarks.

When you're finished, just click on the symbol again and you're returned to the very website page you were just viewing.

The great thing about this is you can see all your BMs while never losing the website you are viewing ...

Don't forget that as your Bookmarks grow you can use the Search field box to the right, just enter a few letters that you think are in the name of the Bookmark and it's going to show you some matches as you type ... very handy!

I've got masses of bookmarks and this is the easiest way to quickly find one.

picture_3-20071114-153701.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I believe SafariStand will do this for you:
http://hetima.com/safari/stand-e.html

If it doesn't, then check out this website:
http://pimpmysafari.com/
It's chock-full of add-ons for Safari. I just stumbled into it and I had no idea this much stuff was out there for Safari! You may be able to find what you need here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz iMac Core 2 Duo with 2.5 gigs of RAM
That's one of the things I miss most about Firefox. Sadly, there is nothing out there to replicate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
How did you get the apple symbol in the Bookmarks Bar?

Spawn__Dooley;527668 said:
The shortcut is to click on the open book icon to the far left of the toolbar and this shows all your bookmarks.

When you're finished, just click on the symbol again and you're returned to the very website page you were just viewing.

The great thing about this is you can see all your BMs while never losing the website you are viewing ...

Don't forget that as your Bookmarks grow you can use the Search field box to the right, just enter a few letters that you think are in the name of the Bookmark and it's going to show you some matches as you type ... very handy!

I've got masses of bookmarks and this is the easiest way to quickly find one.

picture_3-20071114-153701.jpg

M

MacHeadCase

I think Saft can also do this: and much more!

Be sure you meet the minimum requirements, though. The latest version is for Leopard and Safari 3.0.4: if you are running Tiger, you will probably need to download an earlier version. It's not a freebie but I used it in demo mode for a while to make sure I really liked it. Now I find I cannot do without.

I have never seen such a hard working developer: he is always updating his product so I do not hesitate to recommend it to everyone.

There is also a Saft Lite version, it is free but it seems to have less features and is updated less regularly.

Reaction score
How did you get the apple symbol in the Bookmarks Bar?

Shift + Option + K = 

I just created a folder in the Show All Bookmarks page. To do this just press on that open book icon to the far left of the Bookmarks toolbar and then look to the bottom of the larger section where you'll see a + symbol.

Click that to create a new folder. Click once to highlight the folder name then click once more to edit the name. Just name it what you like as I did. You can add any Symbol .... like ... ⌘

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.