Leopard and BitTorrent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2.0GHz Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD
Hey guys, I did a clean install of Leopard the week it came out and this was really the only problem so far; I cannot find a BitTorrent program that runs smoothly..

I was originally using Azureus with Tiger, but started getting kernel panics after about 2 to 5 minutes after i opened it. I then switched to the official BitTorrent program and now receive pop ups that my connection was disconnected every 10-20 minutes. (better than having to restart, but still annoying since i have to resume all of my downloads again)

I'm using a Macbook and my internet connection works through Airport so is that the issue? I know there are a lot of Airport issues.. Will this be resolved with the next update?

Are any of you using a Torrent program without any problems while over a wireless internet connection?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
All of my connections are exclusivly wireless. I have no trouble at all with them. I also have Leopard running, on a 24" 2.8 Imac. Just the other day I downloaded something via torrent that was about 350megs in size. reached a max speed of about 600k and took a half hour or so. No trouble here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" (3GB DDR2)
I'm using Transmission via Airport with no problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
I'm using Transmission via Airport with no problems.

I'm using Transmission as well through an Airport connection. I've never had a problem with it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Another vote for Transmission. Works beautifully.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 MacBook Pro
Opera supports torrents with their browser. Works with Leopard. I haven't had any problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
All of my connections are exclusivly wireless. I have no trouble at all with them. I also have Leopard running, on a 24" 2.8 Imac. Just the other day I downloaded something via torrent that was about 350megs in size. reached a max speed of about 600k and took a half hour or so. No trouble here.

You didn't say which client your using...

OP
BananaPancakes
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2.0GHz Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD
Thanks guys, I used Transmission for a night of heavy downloading and it worked smoothly.

There did seem to be a problem with Azureus though, as i found on the Apple discussion forum http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5665070. But i won't be using it anymore anyways.

Anyways, thanks everyone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.