powerbook g4 dvd burner

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a pb g4 notebook. I have the superdrive dvd in it. I am new to mac so bear with me. I want to burn a dvd. I don't have idvd. Is there a free or fairly inexpensive burning software that I can use with this? I see Toast and popcorn, but I was hoping to find something a little less expensive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hi all,
I have a pb g4 notebook. I have the superdrive dvd in it. I am new to mac so bear with me. I want to burn a dvd. I don't have idvd. Is there a free or fairly inexpensive burning software that I can use with this? I see Toast and popcorn, but I was hoping to find something a little less expensive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

What kind of DVD you trying to burn? Files? Videos? A Video DVD?

There is a free program called Burn that does pretty much all Roxio Toast does but it's free. Give that a try.

http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.