New to Macs

Reaction score
Hello all,
Glad I found this site.
I am thinking of getting the latest generation MacBook (Black).
I'll have many questions to ask of the experienced folks here.

First things first.
1) Thinking of buying @ MacMall, or Amazon.
MacMall seems to have the best deal going at this time.
Any thoughts on where to buy?
2) Anyone have experience with the "Full Body Shield" from invisibleSHIELD?
I have their product on my cellphone and I'm happy with it, (once you get the hang of installing it properly).
3) I'd like to get the wireless Apple Mighty Mouse for the MB, but I've been reading some not-so-good things about this unit.
Do you think Apple has worked the bugs out of this unit?
4) and ...I wasn't going to ask this, but I have to.
During my investigation of the MacBooks, I read about various defects or manufacturing bugs with earlier versions of the MB. These seem to be mostly happening in 2006. Can we safely assume Apple has finally worked out the lcd screen, casing (body), and other construction-related "growing pains" associated with the earlier units?

OK, that's enough to bomb you with for now.
Looking forward to the thoughts &, if I need to forwarded to links please pass those along.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
1) you can always order through apple or any of their retail stores. you can also check the refurb section on the apple store. Compusa and Bestbuy sell macs at their stores of you prefer to pick up rather than order online

3) i have had no problem with the wireless mighty mouse.

Reaction score
1) I bought my MacBook Pro at CompUSA. If you get a business account with them, you can get a discount on the Mac. (a business account costs you nothing)

2) invisibleSHIELD works fine.

3)The problems with MightyMouse is not with the product itself. The product works fine. The problems are subjective. Some people (like me) simply don't like it while others (like sanity) do...

4)ALL laptop manufactures have various defects and bugs. Dell, Sony, Toshiba, Gateway, blah blah blah... Apple has the lowest amount of defects in the industry. IMO it is just that the Mac community is very verbal about problems. If something goes wrong, they have to go tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere ;) Quality simply isn't an issue.

Reaction score
Most places seem to sell MB's at around the same price i personally would order from Apple. My first white macbook's case cracked (replaced the case for free) and eventually it just died on me a few weeks ago Apple replaced it for a new macbook.
No manufacturer are without their problems now and then i would just order it from Apple for extra security incase anything goes wrong (call me mad) :p
I would recommend getting a good case for it though since both of mine didn't stay pristine for long.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.