custom ringtones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
I have the latest iTunes. and have an iPhone, tried apple.com but no joy.

Any ideas or help. =]

Hotdog

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
Currently the only way to get ringtones(legally) is to download certain songs off of iTunes(pay the $1), and then for another $1, you can cut the song to however you want it to be for your ringtone.

Then of course, there are other ways, but I won't go into those(and I don't recomend those ways either way).

EDIT: There might be other legal ways. I was just reading an article from another thread talking about the new update and it created a new ringtone folder for "custom" ringtones, not sure on exactly what the details are, if someone more informed could post, that'd be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Currently the only way to get ringtones(legally) is to download certain songs off of iTunes(pay the $1), and then for another $1, you can cut the song to however you want it to be for your ringtone.

Then of course, there are other ways, but I won't go into those(and I don't recomend those ways either way).

EDIT: There might be other legal ways. I was just reading an article from another thread talking about the new update and it created a new ringtone folder for "custom" ringtones, not sure on exactly what the details are, if someone more informed could post, that'd be great.

That new "Custom" list just splits your ringtones on your iPhone into 2 groups. In order to make the ringtones, though, you need to purchase the songs and then create the ringtone. There are other (not sure if they're legal) ways, but I, personally, have not used those methods.

OP
hotdog182
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
Ahhhhhh, I probally can't do it coz i buy albums that would explain, May have to do some one off buying from iTunes.

Thanks guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
You can use the songs from albums that you buy... as long as you buy them through iTunes. Although.. not all of the songs can be used to create ringtones, which is why people came up with other ways to create their own.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I use iToner, as far as I am concerned it is perfectly legitimate to want to install my OWN creations as ringtones.

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.