Bootcamp & Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hey guys,

I would like to install Windows Vista Home Premium using Bootcamp but was reading the install guide to see how the process goes when I noticed it has a USB Keyboard & Mouse as a requirement.

Just wondering if you have to use a USB Keyboard and mouse because Windows does not support the Apple Wireless keyboard & mouse (which I have) or if it is on there as a recommended thing?

If I do have to use a USB keyboard & mouse that sucks because I have to go and buy new ones simply to use Windows via Bootcamp?

anyhoo, if that's how it is, that's how it is.

thanks in advance,

Chris :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
You need the usb keyboard and mouse for set up. Once it is set up Windows will support the wireless keyboard and mouse.

If you know anybody that has a usb keyboard and mouse use that to set up windows then you can go wireless again.

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Brilliant!

many thanks sanity ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
One more aspect of OS X's polish. If the OS doesn't detect a USB keyboard and mouse, it automatically turns on the bluetooth feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
is the keyboard using bluetooth? if it is, then go to 'add bluetooth device' and add the mouse/keyboard. you need to do this every time you sleep the computer or turn it on... :(

im also looking for a permanent solution to keep my mighty mouse connectd in windows...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.