How to protect the screen?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did try and search, but most threads were about how to protect a macbook pro in general.

I had a macbook for awhile, and after only a short time, there were little marks on the screen from the keyboard. How can I prevent this? I really want to keep the screen looking nice.

Am I being overly paranoid? Will a simple cleaning solution be enough?

I type a lot, so I don't know if something like the iSkin ProTouch would be a good idea -- I'd have to wash it every time I closed the lid!

Also, I'm thinking about geting the Marware Sportfolio Deluxe (the full case)... Any thoughts?

Thanks!
~sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
definitely don't use a cleaning solution that is not made for cleaning a lcd
I would just use a damp soft cloth
I was like this too when i first got my laptop...
I always kept it spotless
now... there are smudges all over my screen
I guess I will clean them eventually

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
How are you getting marks on the screen from the keyboard?? Unless maybe your sitting on top of your closed MBP???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
How are you getting marks on the screen from the keyboard?? Unless maybe your sitting on top of your closed MBP???

I was about to ask the same thing. I have NEVER gotten marks from my keyboard on the screen.

How are you storing your MBP? what if you just close the lid and open it? are the marks still there?

The design of the MacBook Pro recesses the screen enough that the keys should not touch the screen.

OP
S
Reaction score

Hehe... nope. I don't really know actually, and it's only one or two spots, I think.

They don't quite rub out all the way, so it's too hard to see if closing it once causes the problem. I would carry the macbook around in a laptop bag, but I would never put pressure on the screen or anything.

Well, I'm selling that one anyway, and the new one doesn't have any marks yet. Maybe that one was just a fluke? Should I not worry about a screen insert? (those little things you put between the keys and the screen when you close it)

~sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
Hi all,

I did try and search, but most threads were about how to protect a macbook pro in general.

I had a macbook for awhile, and after only a short time, there were little marks on the screen from the keyboard. How can I prevent this? I really want to keep the screen looking nice.

Am I being overly paranoid? Will a simple cleaning solution be enough?

I type a lot, so I don't know if something like the iSkin ProTouch would be a good idea -- I'd have to wash it every time I closed the lid!

Also, I'm thinking about geting the Marware Sportfolio Deluxe (the full case)... Any thoughts?

Thanks!
~sean

Why don't you just use the thin foam packaging that came in between your keyboard and screen....it protects the whole area

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.