MyBook World Edition 500GB

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought a Mybook World Edition for my PC.
But I dont know how to find it, and make it work, on my Macbook?
I searched the forum and google, and some say that the Mybook doesn't work on a Mac, and others say that it works just fine?

If someone out there have got their Mybook World Edition working with their mac, please please please help :)

Thanks,
Rasmus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
My Book external HDs work fine on Macs. I have a 250GB and 500GB myself. In fact, WD is targeting the sales of their external HDs with newly designed enclosures directly at Mac owners! All you should have to do is plug it in to your Mac and plug in the My Book power cord and you're good to go. If it's not showing up, then there is a problem with the hard drive or you Macbook's connection. Have you formatted the hard drive since you bought it? The way it's formatted out of the box should work fine with your Mac.

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi,

The WD World Edition connects to my router via an ethernet-cable.
So unfortunately its not as easy as just pluggin it in... Or at least i dont think so :p

But thanks anyway! :)

- Rasmus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
My fault, I forgot the world edition is a network drive. Their names could be a little more descriptive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I can't believe there are no set up instructions with it! Looking around I see that it should come with some software to install.
I would call their customer service depot and ask for set up advice.
I do know that you normally have to set up an account to allow you to access the drive via the net.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.