Bootcamp , Parallels

Reaction score
I just insalled Vista through Parallels which i downloaded from their site (trial version) ..
When i cick it it say "unable to allocate memory to Monitor PE "
what does it mean ?

i think i will load Vista using bootcamp rather than Parallels .. for this should i have to uninstall vista and install again in Bootcamp , or The one i installed in Parallels is sufficient?

Lastly, i didnt get Bootcamp preinstalled in Macbook which i got a week back .. should i download it from any site ??????
Plz advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Try VMware instead of parallels. Works allot better. Also consider using XP instead of Vista. Must less of a memory hog.

Reaction score
I've not seen this issue myself - have you googled it? Get back to us and let us know if you find anything or need more help.

I use Parallels and I have to say I far prefer it to VMWare. Accessing the Parallels Virtual Disk without having to boot the virtual OS is great.

And with Bootcamp of course you have to boot into either/or, you can't run both at the same time. As much as bootcamp is free, that drawback alone makes a Virtual Host application way better.

I'm a consultant and I actually have Windows 2008 RFC running in Parallels, and it's running Active Directory and DNS. I can also have a Windows XP virtual machine running in Parallels at the same time (joined to my Windows 2008 domain!), and all while running my Mac! This is all on a Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM.

I have to say, as much as I use virtual machines at work frequently (ESX or VMWare), I find having Parallels quite amazing considering the resource my little Macbook pro has. Very impressive!

Of course you can download a trial of both VMWare and Parallels and make your own mind up.

Good luck with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.