How are the Refurbs?

Reaction score
Those that have bought a MBP refurb how are they treating you? I expect them to be good as new practically but just wondering if anyone's had any real trouble with there's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I have purchased refurbs Macs in the past and never had any trouble.

Reaction score
I'm using a MBP 15" refurb now. I've had it for about 10 months now and haven't had any problems. They come with a year warrenty so if you have any problems with it you can just return it. So definitly the way to go if you wanna save some money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
I've been using a 15" MBP refurb for about 2 months now and I love it. It looks and acts brand new, at $300 less than a new one. As mentioned above, it also has the same warranty as a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Nobody will ever know its a refurb just by looking at it. Apple restores them to factory condition and makes them look and function just like a new one would. Even carry the same warranty.

Reaction score
I have a 2.0 GHz Core Duo refurb and it's working great (15 months old, to me). I've bought refurbs in the past and will continue to do so.

One thing to keep in mind, though - the warranty-doubling benefit that some credit cards give you sometimes exclude refurbished products, so keep that in mind and/or give AppleCare an extra thought. I didn't realize this until I was out of my year warranty, so I'm out of luck in this regard. Probably should've sprung for AppleCare on ebay.

Oh well. Fingers crossed I won't need it.

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
fine, they come with a one year manufacteres warranty and you can purchase the APP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.