Installing leopard on my Imac, can I?

Reaction score
My friend just bought a macbook and says he has an extra copy of leopard, can I install it? What if he only has one copy, can I install that on my Imac 20". How does this work with Macs? Not sure what he has, suppose to meet up with him tomorrow. He had mentioned getting two copies, but not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
As long as it is a legitimate legal copy of OSX and your machine(s) are at least 867Mhz G4 driven (or better), then Leopard will install fine.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well it should be an actual mac cd and os, but can it be installed on more that 1 mac, maybe two? I know the cd will be legal, but is installing his os on my imac, is that ok?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Unless your friend purchased the family pack, legally no. Now OSX is NOT like Windows so the disc itself will install and the OS will work just fine and Apple will never know. By dong so you are technically violating the Licence agreement however.

OP
M
Reaction score
Bingo...that's what I wanted to know, that even if the cd was from mac, was it or is it violating their multi install policy. Thanks, I'll get mine (copy) in a few months then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.