ipod help?

RAQ

Reaction score
okay well i havent used my ipod (nano 2GB) in ages.. and i orgionally would use it on my windows PC. Now i'm on my Powerbook G4 OS X 10.2.8.. and I have itunes 6.0.5....

now, my mac isnt finding my ipod.. i checked the apple website and it said that i need to install the CD that came with my ipod or click the link there and download it.. and when i clicked the link it was a download for iTunes 7.5... and OS X 10.2.8 isn't compatible with that..

any help? :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
okay well i havent used my ipod (nano 2GB) in ages.. and i orgionally would use it on my windows PC. Now i'm on my Powerbook G4 OS X 10.2.8.. and I have itunes 6.0.5....

now, my mac isnt finding my ipod.. i checked the apple website and it said that i need to install the CD that came with my ipod or click the link there and download it.. and when i clicked the link it was a download for iTunes 7.5... and OS X 10.2.8 isn't compatible with that..

any help? :Oops:

the only help I can offer is to upgrade your OS... you have a fairly decent CPU that will definetely run 10.4 (i know this becuase I am running 10.4 on a powerbook G4 1.5ghz) What iPod do you have? The newest ones will only work with 10.3 and up...

OP
R

RAQ

Reaction score
i have the old ipod nanos.. back when they were just shiny black and white, lol. boy have they updated..

uhh i have the software CDs for OS X 10.4, but it's the CDs that came with my moms computer and idk if they'll work becuase on the CD under where it says "OS X 10.4" it says "MacBook".. and I dont have that.. I have a powerbook..

hm?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.