Windows User Getting a Mini

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I want to get a Mac and ive used a windows PC since I started with computers. The Mac Mini is a good price for me and looks quite cool too. I wont be doing anything to stressful with it just browsing the web and playing with it. So do you think it's a good machine to start with and is it powerful enough to not leave me waiting forever for things to load? Also what do you get with it do I need to buy a special Mac mouse and keyboard too?

PS. Im looking at the £400 one with 1gb ram and 1.83 Core 2

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alu iMac 20" 2.0Ghz C2D 2GB 10.5.1
I think you need a compatible display to hook it up to. Why dont you get an iMac?? because judging from the specs the 950 integrated graphics card:S?? in my opinion is outdated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.2/120gb/2gb Santa Rosa - 20" Aluminum Apple Cinema Display
I do have a mac mini and they are wonderful machines, very reliable. I have one just like the one you are looking to buy. It accually runs better than my 2.66GHz, 3GB RAM windows computer surprisingly .. I am very pleased with the performance it distributes, and also the mini only comes with the brain nothing else thats why they say BYOKDM (Bring your own keyboard, display, and mouse) but you do not need a apple keyboard, or mouse, anything with a usb connection will hook up to it, and for the display it comes with a DVI to VGA adapter so you can hook up practically any display. Hope that answers all your questions.

have fun purchasing your new mac =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
That's how I started, though I use windows out of necessity (job) and Linux also out of necessity (job, I'm a UNIX guy) with a PPC Mini in what I call The Great Apple Experiment of 2005. It served well to make that experiment a resounding success.

With Intel Minis you'll have an even better experience. My other PPC mini serves as my media server now, and my original Mini went to my parents where they use it to learn how OS X works, and how their next computers will probably be Macbooks like their son has.

OP
A
Reaction score
Him
Thanks for the replies guys, are there any cheapish monitors you recommend?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have the first Intel based Mini with the Core Duo 1.66Ghz and it's great for what you want to do. I can do pretty much anything I want with it. Only thing it's not great for is demanding games due to the GMA 950 GPU.

It will work with any monitor with either a VGA or DVI port. They include a DVI to VGA adapter in the box. Another thing is the small footprint. Makes an excellent machine for the front room entertainment system also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.