logic studio/logic express

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone was using either of these. i was thinking of purchasing one of the two and i wanted to see whether or not logic studio was worth the money for someone just beginning to record at home. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8
Logic Studio is WELL worth the money. LP7 cost me £700 about a year and a half ago, so as you could imagine, I'm not very impressed!

However, the £300-odd price tag for LP8 and all of the bumph that comes with it...I'd jump on that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Hey there xhistrionics :)

In a way logic_user99 is correct, the new price tag for logic 8 does make it very appealing , it doesnt necessarily mean its the best way forward for someone starting out.

Have a play around garageband first, then perhaps move up to logic express... Theres only fine differences between the 2 (logic and logic express) and for someone doing home recording, Logic Express should be fine :D

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
I have logic 8 studio its worth it! i would waste money getting express then geting studio just jump straight onto studio! But you need to know how to use it...basically if you use garageband or fruity loops or something like that then you should be ok. But if you want Logic get studio

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 2ghz Macbook | 80Gb Ipod
Get the studio version. i got it the other day and it comes with 40gb worth of Apple Loops which equate to nearly £300 neway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.