Powerbook accessories you swear by, and why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Well I wanted to know what accessories all you guys use for your powerbook that you really find useful, also list what you always keep in your bag with you.

Accessories:

Marware keyboard pad - goes over the keys on your kb during transportation, to prevent scratches on the screen. I have not had any scratch issues first hand, I bought this pad before my powerbook actually arrived. Even if it's excessive, I don't want to risk damaging this amazing (and expensive) machine.

Radtech wildpeepz - little rubber pads that go on the corner of the display to prevent shifting caused by that very small gap between the screen and the bottom. Some may say this is excessive but it gives me some peace of mind.

Spire Volt XL backpack - just the bag I use to carry everything, it has compartments for all sorts of stuff, and is really sturdy with the sleeve they give you to put your laptop in.

Things I keep in my bag:

-AC adapter
-headphone out to RCA Y-adapter (if I ever want to hook my pb up to a stereo, etc)
-all the adapters it came with (external monitor, video out, 3-prong power cable)
-cd wallet of stuff
-external mouse by microsoft (don't hate me, it's one I bought years ago) - I hate using the trackpad unless I have to.

Lately I've been taking EVERYTHING I have with me to and from work just because I am not really carrying for more than 30 seconds and I am still figuring out what I need on a day to day basis. So right now in my bag I have my iPod, iPod dock, cd wallet, frozen throne and wc3 cd's, a DVD, external mouse, digital camera, etc.

J

Joeytpg

welll i don't have much still............ i got (pbook with everything it came, plus ipod (no dock, just the cable), external logitech mouse, digital cam. and a few DVD's if i get bored........ :)

i want to get a sleeve because even with the padedness my backpack has i still want extra security for my machine!.....plus sometimes you want to take your computer with you to a friend's house and you simply don't want to carry the back pack with all that stuff in it so the sleeve plus the AC adapter will come in handy :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
Accessories. Hmm....

My Targus CoolPad: Keeps PB cool and the color matches!

My bulletproof backpack: Saw this on The Screen Savers(TSS) and I loved it the minute I looked at it. Needed one of those.

My Keyboard Protector: Keeps Keyboard clean to I don't have to worry about it.

My Keyboard Cover: Put on when storing PB. Protects screen from little weird marks from keyboard. 100% Leather. Real nice.

Stuff I keep in my Bag:

Sony Studio Headphones
iPod
Microsoft USB Mouse
80GB HD(DVDs and otherwhat not)
Restore copies of Panther
Hotspot Locator
SoundBlaster USB Soundcard
A pen
PDA
paper
Candy Bars
Money
Canon Powershot A75
Canon ZR-90
Sometimes if im not holding alot of stuff, a portable photo printer.

That just about covers it. I spend alot of my time outside so i try to bring alot of things with me. Luckily, my bag can fit all of this so im happy.

T

tariq

Compared to you guys, I'm a minimalist :)

WaterField Designs Sleevecase inside a Roots backpack
AC Adapter
iPod, always stays in my pocket

I

Icarus

Powerbook
bag for all this mumbo Jumbo...
CD book full of all of the nifty Mac CD's
Power
Intellimouse
Lapdesk (depends on if I'm going to a lan party or not)
headphones
Wireless router and patch cable (to hook into existing, non wireless networks)

Reaction score
Yikes, I can't imagine taking all that stuff! I'm in a small farming community, next to a large city (the city you all hate for our local resident, Bill Gates) and we have wireless everywhere: Schools, coffeeshops, diners, parks. Most of it is free. When I go somewhere, I have a notebook and a powerbook in my bag. Nothing else is needed. I throw it all over my shoulder in a Cuban grenadiers bag purchased in Spain for 78 cents.

m.

I

Icarus

"I throw it all over my shoulder in a Cuban grenadiers bag purchased in spain for 78 cents" - maikutis -
Really broke the bank on that bag, yes?
(I apologize if that sounded cold at all, was not my intention. Seems really cheap for a computer bag though...who the **** am I kidding? Mine was found in my closet!)

M

Matt

I have a USB fan for my PC Laptop, which is good if its a hot day and your outdoors playing with your Powerbook or for that matter any Laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Can't do without my iSkin keyboard cover and RadTech ScreenSaverZ screen cover.

Also can't do without my Brenthaven Laptop Backpack.

How can I forget my Logitech Cordless Mouseman Optical Wheel Mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Little USB light
USB bluetooth adapter
iSight
Kensington mouse
Mouse pad w/ wrist padding
Coolpad to put my powerbook on so that it can breath a little better
A couple powerbook batteries
All the wires needed to mirror on a TV
Ethernet wire
AC adapter
phone cord
Digital voice recorder
iPod w/ iTrip

I think that's about it.. there might be more :)

S

sukhjeet

12" PowerBook G4
monster cable for ipod (or powerbook) for normal stereo out plug
svideo out
waterfield sleevecase
apple bluetooth mouse
apple bluetooth keyboard
griffin icurve stand
dell 1703fp 17" lcd w/dvi connection
canon i560 printer
cambridge soundworks 2.1 speaker setup
koss ksc-35 headphones

can't complain w/this...

M

m1k

12" PowerBook G4

STUFF I ALWAYS CARRY AROUND
iPod mini, iPod earbuds, FireWire and USB cable (for friend's houses)
PowerBook sleeve (can't remember the name and am too lazy to get up & check)
Sennheiser HD 570 headphones (for quality music!)
All those funny cables to connect to different monitors
OS X install discs
Apple USB mouse
Mini-DVI to Video adapter + video cable
Ethernet cable (well, I'll get this soon...)

STUFF AT HOME
2.1 Altec Lansing speaker setup
Black mousepad
Canon C42UX printer

Being only 14, I think it's pretty good...

C

Cloudane

The keyboard-condom-thingy. Protects it from greasy fingers :)

I'm a bugger for trying to type and eat, say, a sandwich at the same time. That combined with everyday dust, grease and dirt.... you should see the state of some everyday desktop keyboards out there! Ick!

Even well-looked-after keyboards like the expensive Logitech wireless I have look quite icky after a while, so this was a *must*.

Those sleeves you can get are pretty cool, too. Like a microfibre 'glove' that fits on the Powerbook. With a 12" and that, you can confidently carry it around like a book and without attracting undue attention. Except it's a warm, fuzzy book :) And it has less chance of slipping through your fingers :)

Other than that I'd say one of those USB2.0 pendrives. Today's floppy. They're grrrrrreat!

P

prozach1576

My Booq backpack usually contains the following:

15" PowerBook
Logitech MX900 mouse
40 gig 4g iPod
Shure E3c headphones
My brown/beige Vaja iPod case
Canon Powershot A70
AC Adapter

I don't usually take my external drive places.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I travel light...I throw my Powerbook into its case (I admit I spent $40 on it, and am glad I did) and I'm good to go. Only other things I always have in my bag are my iPod and my digital camera (Canon SD110 Digital Elph). If I'm going somewhere overnight, I bring my iPod firewire cable, and my Powerbook charger (with the travel plug, not the whole cable).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.