desktop F11 key missing on new macbooks

Reaction score
Hi all, I just got one of the 2.2ghz macbooks, and since they changed the F keys, there doesn't even seem to be one that shows just the desktop, like on the older macbooks you would press the F11 key to view yr desktop, anyone know the method on the new macbooks? It's a method I am using a lot. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2003 17" Powerbook G4 1ghz, 1GB ram, 60GB hdd.
I have a powerbook and rarely use F11 anyway, I would just use magic corners if I were you. I assume they have them in leopard...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.6 - iMac 20" for the wife
Hi

I am with Justin Cope on this one, the magic corner things works better in my preference. I have it set for Desktop - All Apps - ScreenSaver - Disable ScreenSaver.

Cheers

Ben

Reaction score
Isn't F3 the new expose key?
306843_3a.jpg

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306843

Reaction score
I know I'm posting years after the original post, but I just got a new MacBook and really missed the F11 desktop function. To fix this go to: system preferences: keyboard and mouse: keyboard: select "use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys"
Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
i I hold down fn and hit F11 it shows my desktop.. both on my mbp and my wifes new macbook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.