Leopard on Powerbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2003 17" Powerbook G4 1ghz, 1GB ram, 60GB hdd.
I have a Powerbook G4 1ghz with 1gb of ram. I have Tiger right now... Should I move up to leopard? Would it be faster, slower, would it be worth it. I usually record music with Audacity and Garageband and edit photos with photoshop CS2. Anyone have any experience with putting Leopard on a machine this old?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook, 2.5 gb ram, 80 gb hd, 120 gb external drive,10.5...8 gb iPod Touch
I'm pretty sure anything that is PPC and upgraded to leopard will make it a tad slower. But on the other hand, if you see a feature in leopard that looks like you must have, than you should upgrade. Audacity and Garageband should work just fine under leopard, but I'm not 100% positive about CS2. To answer you last question, I didn't install it on something that old, but I did install it on my macbook and everything works smoothly. Hope that helped!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
While we are on the same topic, what say about iBook G4 1.33Ghz with 512MB RAM? Will it take Leopard okay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I installed Leopard on my PB with the same specs, except 518K. It works fine...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I put leopard on my 1.67 ghz PB with 2 gigs of ram and it seems to run just as fast as it did when I had tiger on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
I have a powerbook 1.33ghz and it runs great with leopard on it. I would suggest waiting for the 10.5.1 version if you do decide to upgrade...too many bugs now...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.