Need Fast Help With Bootcamp Problem!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
ok here is my situation. I was running bootcamp and it was working great until i decided to try out parallels, and VMware. Now after trying to uninstall them, it wont let me boot into bootcamp itself by holding option you know the normal way....I really need to get back to whre i can fully run win XP rather than an image of it from a virtual machine. someone please tell me what i need to do to beable to boot fully into XP again PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Moving to correct forum...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
If you're still on 10.4 then the bootcamp version has expired. So that might be the reason you're not able to login to bootcamp partition. What you can try is install rEFIt. It will bring up a menu after the startup chime which lists the available (bootable) OSs on the machine. You can select the OS you want to boot. But that is given your bootcamp partition is intact and still in bootable condition.... rEFIt is free so worth giving a try.

PS: You need to install the rEFIt on Mac volume. Alternatively you can keep the CD image of rEFIt on a CD and boot from CD pressing C.

OP
K
Reaction score
i have downloaded it and it recogizes windows, but at that menu nothing on my keyboard works to select windows. either its something with the program, or i havnt deleted all the files or virtual machines off to allow me to boot into windows.....any ideas on a fix??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Thats strange... Hope you've tried arrow keys to navigate through the rEFIt menu. If you're running it from CD try installing it to your hard drive. Is your windows xp 32-bit or 64-bit? I guess there are issues in booting 64-bit windows with EFI support.

For rEFIt to work the partition should be bootable. It has nothing to do with VM files. It works perfectly fine for me with Mac10.5 & Linux.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.