my PowerMac went CRAZY, it kept backspacing EVERYTHING!

Reaction score
All right,
So, i was typing on someones myspace, when all of a sudden it started backspacing everything. I thought okay, maybe myspace comments can only be so many letters long, but it kept going, then i thought my delete key was stuck, but it wasnt. Then i thought it was just the myspace web site or something, but it turns out EVERY TIME i highlighted some text it would DELETE it one letter at a time very quickly. It did it in safari, mail, word, anything. So i unplugged my keyboard, and it was still doing it. When everything was deleted it would make that noise, over and over. I didnt want to reboot, so i put it to sleep. It went to sleep and everyting seemed fine, then it wouldnt wake up. It just stayed black, the light was on and everything. So i finally hit reset, and everything was back to normal, but im just wondering what could have caused this? Ive had my PowerMac for about 3 months now, and its been great, and nothing like this has ever occured to me.
Any comments?

Thanks,

Tanner.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
First thing I would have thought was a stuck key or something wrong with the keyboard. Maybe the KB driver went nuts. Never had that happen in OSX.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.