Does the Bootcamp Beta still work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
Because I have not installed Windows on it yet but dont want to go to Leopard because of the bugs it is having.

Reaction score
Yes, I am pretty sure that Bootcamp Beta should still work. Although I have now installed Leopard and it is working perfectly so far. I do not notice any difference from Tiger + Beta.
Mind you I am still exploring at the present since I am all new to Mac OS and use only windows apps at work.
Good luck with beta and eventually Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
If it still works (which I am not sure that it does), it will not work for much longer, its a timed beta, and will expire on a certain date. The date that apple said was "When Leopard is released" so if I had to bet on it, it is already expired or will expire with in the month.

The bootcamp in Leopard, is the same bootcamp, it is just no longer in beta status, so if / when you get Leopard, you will not have a problem installing windows on your system.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
My Bootcamp Assistant beta expired Oct. 1st and would no longer open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core Duo
I have installed the beta version twice now with no problems. As far as I could tell, there was no beta time bomb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour
my beta edition 1.4 stoped working saying it has expired. So I just downloaded 1.3 and that worked fine. I did change the date back a year aswell when using it but not when I tried 1.4 so maybe thats why it did'nt work?

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black Core2Duo 2.0ghz, 1gb RAM, 120gb HDD, Tiger
In order to use any of the versions of the Boot Camp betas, you'll have to change your date settings - anything before September 30th will do. After you'd installed it you can reset your date; the assistant won't work anymore, but your Windows partition will still work fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.