Logitech MX Revolution VS Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse

Reaction score
Ok, so I ordered a new iMac (waiting paitiently...) to replace my old one. I went with the wireless keyboard and mouse option to get rid of the wireless clutter. I bought a MX Revolution about 6 months ago. What do you guys think? Should I keep my MX Revolution and just keep the Mighy Mouse in its box until I decide to sell the computer and upgrade again or make a few bucks on ebay and sell my Revolution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I personally don't care for the Mighty Mouse at all. It has a bit of a learning curve just to get the right-click action to work reliably, for starters. I also dislike the overall shape and size of the Mighty Mouse and find my Logitech laser mouse (which looks like it has about same contours and size as the MX Revolution) to be much more comfortable. Admittedly... I have unusually large hands, so it's that much harder for me to use smaller, slim mice like the MM.

If you are very satisfied with your Logitech and are used to how it "fits", then there likely isn't any point in switching to the Mighty Mouse just because it's six months newer.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have the Revolution myself - after putting my hands on the MM in the store - no way I'm switching to the MM.

It's all personal though. Since you're going to have the MM, might as well give it a try and compare - see which one you like best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The MX Rev is a much superior mouse. Its alot more comfortable than the MM and can do more too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
The revolution series mice are very nice! Lots of buttons and controls that are totally customizable and the laser tracking on it is very precise! My ONLY complaint about it is why the **** couldnt they make it bluetooth!?!? That stupid little receiver that hangs out the side is not only annoying, its a hazard to your computer. My last PC, i forgot it was there, bumped it into a wall and rendered that USB port worthless and broke part of the case. The new nano revolutions come with just a little nub for a reciever but still, your loosing a USB port that could be used for something else. Just dont understand why their charging upwards of 60-80 bucks for a mouse and not give you the option of bluetooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The revolution series mice are very nice! Lots of buttons and controls that are totally customizable and the laser tracking on it is very precise! My ONLY complaint about it is why the **** couldnt they make it bluetooth!?!? That stupid little receiver that hangs out the side is not only annoying, its a hazard to your computer. My last PC, i forgot it was there, bumped it into a wall and rendered that USB port worthless and broke part of the case. The new nano revolutions come with just a little nub for a reciever but still, your loosing a USB port that could be used for something else. Just dont understand why their charging upwards of 60-80 bucks for a mouse and not give you the option of bluetooth.

You're forgetting that most PCs don't come with bluetooth. If they were bluetooth, then most PC users would have to buy a Bluetooth adapter, and since more people use PCs than Macs it would be a poor business choice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
You're forgetting that most PCs don't come with bluetooth. If they were bluetooth, then most PC users would have to buy a Bluetooth adapter, and since more people use PCs than Macs it would be a poor business choice.

Why not give the option though??

Microsofts Presenter 8000 laser(which is what i now use) gives you the option of using bluetooth or the USB adaptor and is about the same price as the revolution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.