Leopard and cell phones

Reaction score
For those of you who have upgraded to Leopard: does Leopard cover more cell phones (to sync) then Tiger does? This is one thing about Mac that irritates me - life would be soooo much easier if I could have my addresses and calendar on my cell phone and not just my computer. I have tried Bitpim and others that cannot get them to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well, how about posting your phone model? ;)
They have added some as far as I know.

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
Well, how about posting your phone model? ;)
They have added some as far as I know.

Sorry - it is a Katana SCP-6600 (Sprint). I have just spent two days researching Palm, Blackberry's, etc. The list at Apple does not seem very "up-to-date."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
well leopard supports more phones than tiger i guess..isync work great with both motorola v3i and nokia 7610..hope you find a way to sync

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
the katana (which version?) is just a budget phone really, i wouldnt be surprised to never see OSX support

i had one for a while, was hoping, like you, for a long long time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hmm, doesn't look as though it'll work... Parallels & Windows software might be the only workaround...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reigns surpeme
I'd like to see if they would support the HTC Mogul by sprint. Missing sync is not yet compatible with leopard yet...i think.

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
the katana (which version?) is just a budget phone really, i wouldnt be surprised to never see OSX support

i had one for a while, was hoping, like you, for a long long time.

Not sure of a model number - just SCP-6600. It is an ok phone. I am still looking for a work-around. Even thought of installing a Linux system on my Mac so I can sync it with that but not sure that would solve my problem because the apps I want to sync are Mac apps, i.e., Address Book and iCal.

Reaction score
There is a Missing Sync beta out that works with Leopard. I installed it last night and it is working well with my Tilt. I'm fiddling with bluetooth in Missing Sync but I'm able to hit my Tilt with iMac bluetooth and transfer files back and forth.

Jason

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.