Hard drive won't mount..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
Hi All,

I've got a Lacie 250GB External USB2 hard drive, formatted FAT32 that won't mount on my MBP with Leopard. In fact, the drive doesn't even show up at all in the disk utility...

Any ideas??

Thanks!

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
Yeah I think this is a Leopard wide issue. I have an Acomdata FireWire hard drive and after switching to Leopard it worked for a few days and now it doesn't work. Did you use Time Machine?

I think Leopard screwed it all up.

OP
spilio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
No, I didn't use time machine on this drive -- although I did use it initially with another drive (500GB Iomega) that I mentioned in other threads... But that drive, at the least shows up in the Disk Utility. The Lacie, as far as my Mac is concerned might as well be a USB connected concrete block...

:(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No issues here with a Seagate 200GB hooked up Firewire, WD 200GB hooked up Firewire, Mad Dog enclosure with 80GB WD drive hooked up USB 2.0, Acromdata hooked up Firewire, WD Passport hooked up USB 2.0. All work. Am using the Seagate for Time Machine and it's been 100%.

This is on Intel, G5 and G4 Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Yeah I think this is a Leopard wide issue. I have an Acomdata FireWire hard drive and after switching to Leopard it worked for a few days and now it doesn't work. Did you use Time Machine?

I think Leopard screwed it all up.

Hey I just got an acomdata drive... it uses authentication to see the hard drive. Does yours work like that? Does it mount a CDROM every time you plug it in? If so, perhaps the key got lost.
Mine is a HybridDrive, 500GB P/N HD500UHE5-72. Yours?

I had to install mine on a Windows machine to remove the authentication check. Now it mounts fine every time. But I am still returning it because it mounts a CDROM each time as well (with programs, utilities, etc... all PC programs). Which is unacceptably annoying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.