Apple not recognizing my serial number?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour
Hi,

If this is posted in the wrong place please move as I'm not sure of the right area to post.

I'm just filling in the apple up 2 date info to get my update disc of leopard but the site keeps coming back with a error saying my iMac serial cannot be recognized? I'm typing the exact 10 degit serial which is on the bottom of the stand. Before you ask I bout my iMac (white intel) 1 week before leopard came out. any ideas?

cheers

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Click on the Apple - upper left, then on About This Mac - then More Info...
Try using the serial # shown on the right side of the window.

And am assuming you did register your Mac, right?

F

Fallooza

is it a referb? i swear my referb had a different # on the iMac that showed in "about this mac"

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me with a brand new iMac. Called Apple and they said it's just a delay in sync'ing their web sites for new macs and not to worry about it -- it will eventually be fixed. They had me fax in my Leopard upgrade request form instead of submitting thru the web.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If it is a white iMac, you can't have purchased it new 1 week before Leopard was released unless it was a refurb... (the silver/black/glass iMacs have been out a while now). I'm not sure if refurbs are eligible for free Leopard upgrades..

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It was not a refurb. I bought it from an apple reseller in the uk (PC World). Actual purchase date was 7/10/07. already checked on the up 2 date site and my iMac number matches the 24" 2.16GHz iMacs listed. I actually received it 1 week before leopard came out (sorry about confusion). My purchase date still qualifies for the upgrade tho.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
A serial number is 11 characters :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66, ATI 1900, 5 GB RAM, 750 GB Storage
Same as was said above I ended up faxing in an order due to it not showing up. They have it on record but the site doesn't update for whatever reason.

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Same as was said above I ended up faxing in an order due to it not showing up. They have it on record but the site doesn't update for whatever reason.

I'll give em a call tomorrow

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66, ATI 1900, 5 GB RAM, 750 GB Storage
Good luck. It is definitely worth the upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It was not a refurb. I bought it from an apple reseller in the uk (PC World). Actual purchase date was 7/10/07. already checked on the up 2 date site and my iMac number matches the 24" 2.16GHz iMacs listed. I actually received it 1 week before leopard came out (sorry about confusion). My purchase date still qualifies for the upgrade tho.

cheers
Ah I see... good luck then, they should be able to sort you out asap by phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.