Studio MX 2004 Activation Issue!

Reaction score
Hi,

I own the full version of Flash MX 2004, which I upgraded to Studio MX 2004. I have now saved up and bought the CS3 Design Premium upgrade.

I have owned my Imac for about 6 months now having come from a PC. I came to install my new CS3 today so installed flash 2004 no probs. Then I installed Studio MX 2004 and afterwards entered the serial no. to activate it but it tells me there are too many activations. I installed it on my PC when I fist got it years ago, and didn't 'deactivate' it as my PC crashed, I wasn't even aware of activation anyway. I must have installed it again and not deactivated it sometime as I understand you get 2 activations.

So now I'm sort of stuffed. My question is, can I install the CS3 upgrade, and when it asks for the serial no. of the software I'm upgrading from, can I input the Studio MX 2004 one, or does it have to be activated for the upgrade to accept it?

From searching the web and talking to people, it seems that Adobe won't 'reset' activations, so I'm pretty gutted.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
give it a try....

But as you say you have legit copies and upgrades - if you get stuck contact Adobe - they are usually helpful with upgrades

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I didn't want to try the CS3 installation just in case it messed anything up. I need to wait till tomorrow before I can contact Adobe, not holding my breath though. I do also have a copy of Studio 8 Education Edition which I used while studying. Is it possible to upgrade from an Education Edition to my CS3 retail? I have heard conflicting views on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Don't see why not - my experience of dealing with Adobe over licensing and upgrades is that they are very helpful - unlike Quark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.