chemical thing on ipod/iphone/ipod touch cords

Reaction score
yeah is that ture?? that chemical on the cords can cause to mess with hormone?? so that gose for all apple cords then too?? like the macbook cord ect..im getting rid of mine buy a griffing one hope that dont have chemicals on it and also on head phones ..heard this on the news..and that apple said that they will take it all out by the end of 2008..

Reaction score
We live in an era where everything causes cancer according to someone.

so, the real questions are...just how bad is this? Is this sensationalism or is this particular chemical at a high enough level to honestly cause concern?

All the article linked above states is that a dangerous chemical is present in the apple headphone cords, but gives no indication of the level/amount of that chemical.

Reaction score
I would think that this is not much of a concern being we are dealing with apple here and if there was a concern and they did not call a nation wide recall they would be open to millions of lawsuits.

Large companies such as apple take into account how much they would have to pay out to law suits VS. a recall and considering that we are talking about ear phone the cost of replacing them and shipping them out would be so small VS. The legal fees along never mind the pay out to victims this cant be a big issue. Also apple is big on their Public Image which we can see by there actions with the $100 refund to Iphone's that were bought prior to the price drop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Fumes from unleaded petrol are carcinogenic, I don't see anyone flapping about that. Just don't eat your headphone cables.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.