Won't start it normally? Need help*Thank You*

Reaction score
Hi,
I've a problem with my iBook. I installed XPostFacto and I check some options, I restarted the iBook and now I've got this screen. What sould I do to start it normally?
First window and if I wrote mac-boot bring me to the second pictures
DSC01423.jpg

ProblemXpostFacto001.jpg

ProblemXpostFacto002.jpg

Thank You

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
You could try both suggested commands one after the other.
Type
/sbin/fsck -y and hit enter (check for the file system errors)
/sbin/mount -uw / and hit anter (this will mount the file system)
Type,
reboot now and hit enter to restart the Mac.

If the above treatment doesn't work try this.

Reaction score
Search the net for xpostfacto. The top page in the list that appeared is this one. You could register to gain specific help.

In the meantime, try starting the Mac while holding down the Shift key — a safe start. If it boots, you could yank everything xpostfacto (run a search of the hard drive) — though unless you have another bootable system loaded, this likely wouldn't help.

OP
F
Reaction score
I search on the website but I found nothing? Do you see where I can make it work?
thanks

Reaction score
Sorry, no, because I can't run OS X on this machine, so there's no point in my registering at that site to search it.

Do you have the original system-install disk? Maybe you could do an archive-and-install with the original disks, thereby saving all your files.

OP
F
Reaction score
How to make my 10.4 working? doesn't start normally!*Need help*

Hi all,

I've been trying to make my Mac OS X 10.4 working. The problem is that I installed a fresh copy of Mac OS X 10.4 and after when I need to reboot the computer I got a problem. Even if I reinstall Mac OS X, I got the same screen. Look at my video and picture maybe it can help you guys to found out the problem. Thank you for helping me.
Frank
AirbusA380Macproblem007.jpg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N5wBe_d6e2s

Reaction score
Looks like a clammie ... That error you got falls within the Menu Manager Errors group of Mac Sys Errors.

The translation is this:

-127 dsHMenuFindErr Couldn't find HMenu's parent in MenuKey

I'm way out of my depth here but still lookin' for clues ...

Have you reset the PMU? Unplug mains, take battery out, press the tiny button near the power button using a paperclip, wait 5 seconds, plug in mains again then replace battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Have you tried just typing 'reboot' (without the quotes) when you're taken to the black screen?

EDIT: I was talking about the first set of pictures you posted. No idea what's going on now.. Sorry.

OP
F
Reaction score
Spawn__Dooley;526953 said:
Looks like a clammie ... That error you got falls within the Menu Manager Errors group of Mac Sys Errors.

The translation is this:

I'm way out of my depth here but still lookin' for clues ...

Have you reset the PMU? Unplug mains, take battery out, press the tiny button near the power button using a paperclip, wait 5 seconds, plug in mains again then replace battery.

Where is the tiny button? I do not reset the PMU.
Thanks

OP
F
Reaction score
Its not a iBook clamshell the problem, I have another problem. The computer is a Power Mac G4

Reaction score
Will the computer boot from the DVD by holding down the C key while it's starting? If it does (and it takes a longer time to boot from the DVD), then you've at least isolated the problem to the system on the hard drive.

If it doesn't start from the DVD, it's more likely a computer hardware problem.

OP
F
Reaction score
Yes if I hold down the C key its starting and I can install mac OS X but after I got the problem when I need to reboot. Mac OS X 10.4 install fine but if I need to restart the computer then I got the problem. So you think its a Hard drive problem?

Reaction score
It might be, but your troubles began with xpostfacto software. Did you do an archive and install with the DVD?

OP
F
Reaction score
I dont know why the moderator but my 2 separated problem into one, because XpostFacto were the problem with my G3 Clamshell, and my other problem with my Power Mac G4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.