im ringing apple now. i have warranty still and apple care.,

hope it can be sorted

:Oops:

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
im taking it into a reseller this afternoon. see what they can do about it.

fingers crossed.

M

MacHeadCase

Chris, as you know from having been around Mac-forums for a while, warranty takes care of product defects, not accidents caused by the user.

If the guys at the repair shop want to fix it for you for free, cool and good for you but never expect this kind of stuff to be covered de facto by Apple Care. The extended Apple Care warranty is not a house insurance plan, it's to protect the consumer from possible manufacturer defects. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
On that note however, if they do not cover it DO call your home insurance company to have it fixed. No one ever thinks about doing that for some reason....

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
update - its not covered. im not surprised really.

the damage is £450 (UK pounds). But i may see if we can claim it on house insurance as theonegod suggested (thanks). possibly another update soon

AIX

Reaction score
That's interesting.... I did a similar thing to my iPod display... I shipped it to Apple and they simply shipped me a new one... no serious questions asked. I didn't talk to anyone at a store, it was all done by phoning them.

OP
christm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yh i phoned them and they said take it to so and so store (re-seller) which i did. and they took pics of it, sent the pics to apple and apple came back and said it was abuse (it fell over).

but the house insurance covered it luckily so only £70 cost. house insurance will do the rest :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.