Mouse Freezes on XP Start

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20 inch 2.0Ghz
After finally (2 days) getting Windows to load under Bootcamp I restarted for first time by pressing option and mouse froze. Now everytime I choose Windows at bootup the mouse freezes and I have to restart in MAC OSX. So my Windows install is useless, has anyone else experienced this problem?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20 inch 2.0Ghz
It appears my USB port is the problem when booting into Windows, if I disconnect USB Hub then windows loads fine. Does anyone know a better solution then disconnecting this hub. I need the extra ports.

Reaction score
It appears my USB port is the problem when booting into Windows, if I disconnect USB Hub then windows loads fine. Does anyone know a better solution then disconnecting this hub. I need the extra ports.

This works for me: I wait until XP is fully booted up. Then I plug in the USB hub by itself amd wait to Windows to recognize it. Then I plug in the other USB devices one by one.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20 inch 2.0Ghz
Has anyone heard if Apple will eventually address this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
The problem may be the USB hub that you're using. I have a D-Link 7 port USB hub perpetually connected to my iMac, and have had no problems using my wired standard keyboard and MM when in Windows using Bootcamp. I did have connectivity problems with my wireless iMac keyboard and wireless MM, so I just use the wired input devices when in Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.