GoogleTalk in iChat and iSight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
There should not be video, "chat room", or file transfer capabilities when setting up GT with iChat or Adium.
Just because your setting up GT with a client that supports video chat, does not mean GT will gain video support. :)
However, GT supports file transfer only when used on the GT client itself, and not on any other client.
I use GT with Adium, and in my opinion it's way better than GT on its own client.

Reaction score
if you are on leopard googletalk actually supports video chats via ichat...and that with a great video quality.
not so sure if this is the case with tiger though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
you mean with googletalk and iChat, you can do a video chat?
how would I do this - do you have a web page that explains this
when im using my gtalk account with iChat the audio and video chat button are grayed out
would the person on the other sided need to be using ichat

Reaction score
I only tried this with the other person also using ichat and gtalk.
so I'm not 100% sure if it works with let's say people using the PC version of GoogleTalk.
setup of the gtalk account in ichat is a breeze though in the new ichat since there is an option "gtalk". all you have to do is type in your mail adress and password.

OP
N
Reaction score
I had to remove GoogleTalk from iChat, it was causing problems for iChat Video. I kept it in Adium.

Reaction score
Can you use iChat Theater and Screen Sharing using a Google Talk account?

I've tried to stablish a simple video conference with a Google Talk account (both ways, that means that my buddy and I are both using a GT account via iChat) and no luck, it says that there was some error in the connection.

I'm confused cuz there are people that says it's possible and some say it isn't.

Haven't found any info related.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.