Installed Leopard...where's my iLife?

Reaction score
Problem Solved! Thanks!

I bought my macbook from university computing services, and it came with Tiger and iLife on it. I wiped my hard drive and installed Leopard from scratch. The version of Leopard I got at the tech center didn't have iLife on it, and when I tried putting my Tiger disk back in, I couldn't find the iLife stuff on there either. Shouldn't I have it on a disk somewhere? How do I get it back? Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
when you got your macbook, it should have come with 2 tiger discs, the first one was the actual OS and it's software, and the second is iLife. You have to use Disc 2.

OP
T
Reaction score
When I put in the other OSX disk it came with (it came with 3 actually, 2 OSX disks and the Apple Protection plan) the only thing it does is pull up a text file telling me that if I want to install anything I have to put in disk 1.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive, OS X 10.5.1
The first OS X disc should have a "install bundled software" or something like that, option. iLife is in there.

Reaction score
If all else fails wipe and install the original OS Disks after you have done this Archive and install Leopard and you will have your old I life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.16ghz Core2Duo, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb WD Scorpio HDD, Westinghouse 22" external display
Insert Tiger cd 1

Choose "install bundled softwares"

After a few "Next" clicks, you should see "customize" icon a the bottom left

Choose all 5 iLife apps for iLife and leave the others unchecked!

There you got! Worked great for me....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
iLife is completely different from Leopard. If you buy a new mac it already comes with iLife 08. Since you bought your MB with Tiger on it, yes it has iLife in it. But when you buy Leopard it is not included. You need to buy iLife separately.

Basically leopard and iLife aren't together.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive, OS X 10.5.1
You need to buy iLife separately.

This is not true. The OP just needs to install iLife from his Tiger disc's. I did it myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
This is not true. The OP just needs to install iLife from his Tiger disc's. I did it myself.

Sure, you can do that too.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I got it working! And I'm going on Monday to the tech center to get my free upgrade to iLife 08...oh how I love being a student!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

I think what she is saying is, iLife NEVER came with Tiger, Panther or Leopard. It comes with your Mac. It does not come with just the OS. It never has. If you buy just the OS you would have to purchase iLife separately unless your Mac came with iLife from the factory, then you do what everyone else said and insert the 1st DVD and install it from there.

To the OP, glad you got it working.

M

MacHeadCase

Yep, Netty and trav have it right.

OS X is an entire different AND separate product from iLife. iLife is a suite of applications that comes bundled with new Macs but NEVER comes with OS X when you buy an OS upgrade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.