Reset Help Please

Reaction score
I just received a new MacBook Pro from a friend who bought it for his wife that ended up wanting a Dell instead (I know, I know - weird and sad). He had done some initial setting up the computer - iphotos, address book, mail, etc. I want to reset everything to the factory setting and FULLY delete all of her stuff. I then will update to Leopard and load the other software that I have.

How do I get there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
You can use the Tiger DVD and do a clean install.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I just received a new MacBook Pro from a friend who bought it for his wife that ended up wanting a Dell instead (I know, I know - weird and sad). He had done some initial setting up the computer - iphotos, address book, mail, etc. I want to reset everything to the factory setting and FULLY delete all of her stuff. I then will update to Leopard and load the other software that I have.

How do I get there?

Did they give you the Install DVD's that came with the MBP? If so put the 1st DVD in the drive and power on and hold down C.

Do you have Leopard as yet?

OP
W
Reaction score
Yep, just bought Leopard.

I do have the installation disks and can do as you recommended. Will the disk walk me through the process to restore and delete all the stuff?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.