We tried, hard.

Reaction score
I posted my experience with Leopard and Time Machine in a thread a few days back. It's been a disaster.
For the ordinary user, I am sure that Leopard is fine. However, I am not an ordinary user. I run FCP and PS all day on an MBP. Leopard has caused my system to crash on a daily basis. Time Machine requires too much hand-holding. I have used macs since 1982. I am disappointed. Really SUPERCALIFRAGALISTICEXPEALIDOCIOUSLY let down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
now that was funny devilboy >>>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Ok, it shouldn't crash. But try a complete erase and install. It works flawlessly on the two Macs I use.

What do you mean Time Machine requires hand holding? I just set it up to backup my work files and it works brilliantly. It backs up without you noticing and it was great when I accidently overwrote a file - I just went back a couple of days and dragged it into the present.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
TM working wonderfully here. i had some initial problems because the FW400 drive was chained into another one, then the non-TM HD was ran to the laptop.

once i plugged in the TM HD into the mac, and chained the other drive into it, Working great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I posted my experience with Leopard and Time Machine in a thread a few days back. It's been a disaster.
For the ordinary user, I am sure that Leopard is fine. However, I am not an ordinary user. I run FCP and PS all day on an MBP. Leopard has caused my system to crash on a daily basis. Time Machine requires too much hand-holding. I have used macs since 1982. I am disappointed. Really SUPERCALIFRAGALISTICEXPEALIDOCIOUSLY let down.

Great. Hope you have fun with whatever.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.