Mail won't work

Reaction score
So i upgraded to Leopard and trying to connect to my gmail and it kept saying... The POP server "pop.gmail.com" is not responding. Try checking the network connection, and that the server name is correct. Otherwise, the server might be temporarily unavailable. If you continue, you might not be able to receive messages." well I Know my connection have to work since I a posting this message and I know gmail have to work because I was just logged into gmail using the website... so how can I fix this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
okay, i am having the same problem and i personally had to configure my settings because leopard made mistakes. The connection still won't work at some points, for some odd reason??? The problem is leopard and it definitely has issues with safari as well, not to mention that spotlight is in need of some serious work as it is nowhere as sensitive as in Tiger.

yea-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Leopard, the Vista of Apple. Seriously mine is back in the box and I sometimes throw rocks at it over in the corner. After crashing 2 computers and losing half my data on one that I had to do a totally clean install on only to find it locked up all the time and crashed the airport card all the time and wasn't compatible with some of my other software, I dumped it as a flop and am waiting for the next release to come out. This was one seriously premature release. I'm beginning to think Apple is becoming the new microsoft by releasing things too early and letting users do the QA on it.

OP
T
Reaction score
ok nevermind... its the internet connection in school screwing up with mail... just like how i can't use adium in school...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.