Computerist people

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
I understand your point, Absolute Zero, and you're right about that "holy Mac" thing I'll never understand.

I use both too, I prefer Mac. Why? Well, simply because I had way too much trouble with Windows PCs and got fed up with, and Linux is still much too geeky for everyday use (my opinion, don't start a discussion about that!). Nevertheless, Windows has it's advantages too.

But, on the other side, there are lots of Windows people that never touched a Mac, and know nothing about it except the old stories (it's incompatible, only for designers blablabla) and still they don't stop bashing Macs.
I mean, I know both worlds, I can criticize both because I know what I'm talking about.
But lots of people are ignorant, and nevertheless they still take the right to criticize what they don't know. This is true for PC users as well as Mac users. That's just simply stupid, and makes me quite angry sometimes...

Here's one important thing to everybody:
They are ALL computers, being it PCs, Macs, Sun Workstations or whatever. They are TOOLS to use or play with.
There will always be people prefering one side or the other, but please, don't criticize anything you don't know about!!
This would avoid all those useless, pointless and stupid "Macs are better, PCs suck..." "PCs are better, Macs suck..." discussions on the Web.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Cloudane said:
I get your point and also respect both platforms for their merits and disadvantages (e.g. PCs for gaming). I do wonder though, you say you don't like Macs and don't like the Mac community. So what are you doing here?

I guess he means the fanatic part of the Mac community, which personnally I don't like either...
But the rest of the Mac community is mostly nice and friendly. :D

OP
M

Matt

I know I love Windows XP. ;)

Absloute Zero,

Have you always felt this way about Macs, or just your powerbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
its only the macs that he has owned matt. He thinks hes been unlucky with all of his macs. He hates his old iMac the most right zero?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
His HD kept failing, seems fixed now though

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Well, I will admit, I was a Mac LOVER for a long time. When I got my PowerBook, that all turned around. I was thinking "What the **** is my problem? I love these machines that have so many problems, but I hate these other machines that I have never experienced a single problem on." Thats when I realized my actions really meant nothing, I was "trapped" in a Mac world and following the Mac people. Well, now I'm going against every rule in the Mac fanboys handbook.

AND YES MY IMAC IS THE BIGGEST B*TCH IN THE WORLD! I spent soooo much time trying to fix it, and then Apple says a repair would cost more than an eMac which I can't afford and I really don't want an eMac. :(

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

I don't hate PCs i just hate micro$#!†, i hate how Billy G has over 75 billion dollars and thinks he can monopolize the computer community, charging 500$ for a word processing program that is missing some key factors. I hate how microsoft can just stop making IE in an instant for macs leaving apple to struggle to write a new browser for the PPC. I Love my mac because i never turn it on in the morning to find spyware scattered all over my screen. I had 2 DoS attacks last year from jerks in a chat room i have a router(obviously) and my Mac was not affected at all, my PC on the other hand... well thats a graphic story. I love my mac because we ARE the minority. That means we don't get trojans, spyware, adware, and other harmful viruses that come my way. I LOVE MY MAC BECAUSE OF STABILITY STABILITY STABILITY. and there you have it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
So, you hate Windows...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, just let him hate Windows then...as long as he doesn't bother people with "MS sux" 10 times in every post, that's ok.

OP
C

Cloudane

Funny enough (just to expand upon the idea of changing your mind about a system) I used to be a big Linux fan. It was only when I tried the Mac that I began to dislike it. OS X really shows how a *NIX (well, BSD) based system can not only have its cake (open standards, stability, security, enourmous flexibility/tinkerability) but eat it too (be *easy* to use -it-just-works!-, smooth, fast, seamless and pretty). Never would I want to go back to having 15 window managers, 38 text editors, half hour bootup times, having to compile so much because there's no standard Linux model between distributions, no decent way of centralising applications, messing around with RPMs, spending entire *weeks* trying to get a new piece of hardware working etc. It's either OS X or Windows for me from now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
A very good point that many seem to miss -- there is nothing wrong with PC, it's the OS needing constant updates and 3rd party apps to almost secure it that is the irritation

OP
I

Icarus

Whoa...I had no idea I was starting such a heated thread...
I was mearly trying to have myself a little ***** out. So ya'll can go back to your lives....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You did it Icarus... you let out the crazy freakin' ass bats from the cage of the Internet.

Yes, I watch too much Unscrewed with Martin Sargent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
::pretends to swat at a bat:: :D

Yeah, when we were at family camp, my brother went on one of the iMacs, and he said it was horrible. I kept trying to tell him that this was not true, but he wouldn't listen to me.

Oh well, to each their own. :-/

OP
M

Matt

I don't want to listen to this :(

I just bought an iMac.

Although what DOES annoy me is the fact the internet keeps droping out and very time someone rings on the phone it dropes out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
maybe its because you have call waiting?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.