MIDI is dead in the water. Will take months to correct...

Reaction score
My M-Audio Radium 61 keyboard won't work now with 10.5 All the apps as well (Synth apps) are generally unresponsive.

From what I am able to understand. All the manufacturers of all the MIDI keyboards will now have to write a brand new driver FROM SCRATCH to support all their keyboards to render it 10.5

Many of the engineers from these MIDI companies are expressing surprise that the final version of 10.5 does this.

It will take easily months before this problem is sorted through.

Also: The finder sucks. I've consulted with dozens of other OSX users and we all agree: 10.5 finder is brutal to work with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
Also: The finder sucks. I've consulted with dozens of other OSX users and we all agree: 10.5 finder is brutal to work with.

So I guess that's it then, since you consulted with dozens of other users, Finder sucks and is brutal to work with.

Personally, I like the new Finder, find it very easy to use and better that the previous Finder. It's fast and efficient.

So, I disagree with you and the Finder does not suck.

OP
F
Reaction score
So I guess that's it then, since you consulted with dozens of other users, Finder sucks and is brutal to work with.

Personally, I like the new Finder, find it very easy to use and better that the previous Finder. It's fast and efficient.

So, I disagree with you and the Finder does not suck.

When you search for files over multiple drives, and you are no longer able to sort the results via 'SIZE'. Or if you want to scan a bunch of quicktime clips in column mode: But that too is gone thanks to 'coverflow' which eliminates scrubbing (ask any editor and he/she will say that when they scan a clip they need to scrub it).

It's now like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Basically Leopard has been 'dumbed down' and the omissions of legacy functions is bewildering to say the least.

It took me three days of repeating these points in these forums before a few posters 'got it'. Now I'll probably be receiving a lot of "SIZE does exist! This is how you do it..." replies, when in reality they haven't a clue.

The knee-jerk "Male Answer Syndrome" reaction is sick. That's basically what it is: Apple really screwed over countless pro-users by omitting the features that pro-users have used since OSX 10.0

OP
F
Reaction score
Tiger Vs. Leopard Finder

My take on this is simple: The original 1984 Macintosh keyboard
did not come with arrow keys!!! This was to basically "FORCE" the user
to use the mouse.

That's what Apple is trying to do now with 10.5 They don't want you
to use the standard search functions, instead they want you to adopt
Coverflow/Spotlight.

Whether you like it or not...

The fact now that Midi is dead in the water is a slap in the face of pro-users.

10.5 is simply not ready for professional use. Not for at least the next six months.

TIGER VS. LEOPARD FINDER.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
The knee-jerk "Male Answer Syndrome" reaction is sick.

No, it's not. You proclaimed that Finder sucked, and I disagree. For me it's great, for you it's not. In my opinion it does not suck. We use our systems in different ways.

OP
F
Reaction score
No, it's not. You proclaimed that Finder sucked, and I disagree. For me it's great, for you it's not. In my opinion it does not suck. We use our systems in different ways.

For beginners/newbies and 75 year olds. It is an amazing OS.

For people who earn a living...it's **** on earth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For beginners/newbies and 75 year olds. It is an amazing OS.

For people who earn a living...it's **** on earth.

For beginners - Not me
newbies - Not me
75 year olds - Not me

It is an amazing OS. - Yes, it is nice.

For people who earn a living...it's **** on earth. - I don't earn my living off my Mac. If I did or was using Mac's professionally, there's no way I would have, or allowed them to be, upgraded to a new OS so soon after release.

Reaction score
It will take easily months before this problem is sorted through.

Wow you sure are one angry """"professional"""". Go back to tiger if you don't like it.

I will agree with you on the search issue, but apart from that I'm really happy with leopard. (as a professional)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.