Just Ordered: Corsair 3GB (2GB + 1GB)

Reaction score
I just ordered Corsair 3GB (2GB + 1GB) DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) memory for my Apple MacBook off of ZipZoomFly.com for a total of $147.78
Very excited!
Will definitely let all of you know how this thing runs once it is installed.
I know it was a bit pricy but I wanted to get the best RAM out their. I've been competitively over-clocking PC computers and I've had a lot of success with Corsair.
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Definitely let us know how it works out and if you see any real benefit to going to 3GB. I've been considering doing the same - buying a 2GB stick and taking one of my 1GB sticks to upgrade my mom's new iMac to 2GB. :)

Edit: Now that I think about it, of course, going from 1GB to 3GB will be a big improvement no matter what. I'm wondering whether 2GB to 3GB will really be worth it in my case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Edit: Now that I think about it, of course, going from 1GB to 3GB will be a big improvement no matter what. I'm wondering whether 2GB to 3GB will really be worth it in my case.

If you can get it for CHEAP, id do it...but otherwise, the jump from 2 to 3 really is not all the significant with OS X. If your running bootcamp with Vista, it does liven it up a bit as Vista is a RAM hog.

I tossed an extra gig in my MBP, borrowed from my friends laptop, bumping it up to 3 just to see what it would do and using my more used programs like Photoshop, a few select games and other general computing, i noticed no significant difference in Tiger. Vista overall, was a bit faster...booted a little faster, programs executed a little more quickly and overall, seemed like it would be a good investment.

Running OS X with only Camino and mail running, i was using maybe 350-400 megs of memory when using 2GB's of RAM. Vista, with 2, at idle with NOTHING open with a fresh boot was sitting just over 1.2 used. :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core2Duo 2.2Ghz 250GB HDD 1.0GB [ON ORDER] ; iPhone 8GB
If you have the NEW macbooks you can max it out to 4GB (2 x 2 GB sticks ) for only $109 AR HERE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
nice upgrade ! defo let us know what performance increase it has.

Reaction score
I have a 1 gig 2.16 core 2 duo and want to get some more memory. Do i have to change the 1 gig or do I leave that and get a 2 gig for the second slot. Do the memory have to match or can I throw in any 2 gig in it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
generally from the factory they came with 2 512s, so you would havet o change the both of them.

OP
A
Reaction score
Well, I just installed the Corsair RAM that I had ordered.

All went well. The MacBook booted up without a problem and recognized the new RAM I had put in.
As many have previously mentioned, I did not see a big performance gain during regular use. However, once I started firing up and using Final Cut Pro 6 my computing experience immediately changed. This thing is officially a, BEAST!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
Good to hear that. I wish I had the new MB, but I still like my 2.16.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
hmm i was thinkin bout doin the same dunno i will just so i can say "ive got 3gb" lol feel any different?

Reaction score
Corsair memory optimized for Mac?

Well, I just installed the Corsair RAM that I had ordered.
Hi, I saw that Corsair offers memory 'optimized' for Mac, but I'm wondering if that just means 'more expensive' and not necessarily better performance. (see here and scroll down for 'mac memory')
Anyone know more about this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.