Weird audio device problem

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a very specific Problem with my MBP.

During unplugging my external speakers the plug is broken and stayed in the socket. So my MBP thinks that external speakers are plugged all the time. Ergo the built-in speakers are switched off. My Question is: How can I reactivate the built-in speakers?

Does anybody of you have any idea how to fix it?

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english !

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you're really looking for an answer to this......

Get the plug out of the socket.
If tweezers won't do it, you'll have to take it apart.
And if you can't do that, take it to the nearest geek or store and have them do it.

Or, you can leave the plug sitting in there, take apart your MBP and see if you can figure out how to disable the hardware mechanism that detects when you have speakers or headphones plugged into it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
get a toothpick and dab the ti with super-glue. be very careful and put the toothpick right in the middle of the plug which broke in half. let it sit for a couple of minutes and see if it is loose enough to pull out. if this doesn't work then you probably need to a computer repair store.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
get a toothpick and dab the ti with super-glue. be very careful and put the toothpick right in the middle of the plug which broke in half. let it sit for a couple of minutes and see if it is loose enough to pull out.

what he said - good one kelly

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a very specific Problem with my MBP.

During unplugging my external speakers the plug is broken and stayed in the socket. So my MBP thinks that external speakers are plugged all the time. Ergo the built-in speakers are switched off. My Question is: How can I reactivate the built-in speakers?

Does anybody of you have any idea how to fix it?

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english !

You should be able to select your internal speakers via.. applications/utilities/audio midi setup ;)

OP
Reaction score
Bild 2.png

I tried the thing with the audio-midi-setup.app but there are no more options in the pulldownmenus...

Bild 3.png

I think the point is really to remove the plug. But it will cost circa 100 €. Thats definitley to much - Im a college student.

There must be an possibility to deactivate this switch in the tunnel with a software.

Do you see any chance?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.