iMac crashing.

Reaction score
Ok I bought a brand new iMac a couple weeks ago in a store I start it up and, behold the kernel panic screen. I try restarting the computer the same thing happens, I bring it to the store they "fix" it, I take it back to my house and guess what it kernel panics again! Whats going on if anyone can help me it will be appreciated. ^_^
I am even having doubts about switching from my PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
What do they think you could have done?

If it still does it after a complete erase and reinstall of OS X, demand a replacement. I'd be tempted to get a refund and take my business to another Mac seller.

OP
J
Reaction score
When I came back and asked they said they think I tryed to open my mac up and mess with it, and now they won't accept it back. Even if I did open it I would know how to put it back together ive put over 20 PCs together.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20", 2.16GHz,2Gb Ram, 256MB Graphic card. 80Gig Ipod
ok not true. they are having problems will the new macs is the video card and they know about it. so take back and due a search in the internet regarding you issue. you will find that you are not the only person having the same problem. I took my back.

Reaction score
Imac. . . Crashing? I'm befuddled by the two words being used consecutively. Naive of me.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
When I came back and asked they said they think I tryed to open my mac up and mess with it, and now they won't accept it back. Even if I did open it I would know how to put it back together ive put over 20 PCs together.

Did you take it apart?

Who is this you bought it from? Apple store? Small Mac store? Department store?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.