New iMac, no leopard

Reaction score
:Grimmace:
I ordered my iMac on Nov. 3 (from apple online)....it came with Tiger preinstalled, and only the Tiger discs.
I spend over an hour on hold with support and didn't get through to anyone last night.
So my question is, I bought a Mac after the leopard release date, so I am entitled to Leopard right? And if so (which I believe so) how do I go about getting my Leopard discs? Do I need to just camp out on hold or can I do something else?

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Call applecare and give them your information, they usually are fairly helpful.

OP
W
Reaction score
Well the lady (Gwen, god bless her heart) from support line I'm talking to said that she has received several calls about this today alone. I'm on hold right now while she talks to a manager to find out what the heck is going on.

+1 to her, -1 to inventory management. If anyone else has this problem call the main apple support line, option 2, and let them know what's going on (have your order # handy).

I'll post what comes of this in a few minutes (hopefully something good).

[edit] They're shipping me a Leopard disc today/tomorrow, should be here (hopefully) Tuesday. They're not sure what happened. Glad to have it resolved though. [/edit]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 2GB ram, ATI HD2600 PRO, 320gb HDD
I purchased my iMac from bestbuy on the 4th and it had no upgrade disc like he told me. He said he'd get in touch with his apple rep and see whats goin on, thats been a few days now and no word back. I think I may give apple a call and see, since you've had good experience.

Reaction score
my girlfriend just bought a macbook in taiwan and it didnt come with leopard. i had a little tif with the staff at the store, seeing they have copies of it in the store to buy..i acutally bought one and had it installed before she got hers..but new ones dont come with it installed, and wont for a while. she had to pay the shipping charge for her to get it in 3-5 days. what is the reason behind this? the guy at the store said they arent releasing it in asia for nearly a year. not sure if this was a language problem (but not seeing my gf speaks chinese) it just doesnt make sense.

Reaction score
call apple and don't pay the $10 shipping... since you bought it after the release date, they should of throw the DVD in their before they ship it out...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.