No problems with Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66, ATI 1900, 5 GB RAM, 750 GB Storage
So there are alot of threads where people have had issues with Leopard. I wanted a thread for those of us that have had no issues. I had a smooth install no issues went very quickly, no program issues, all data recovered and everything works. Who else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
yer i have had not problems other than bootcamp being unable to partition my drive

but like most things every one will focus on the negative also must say loving quick look dont know how i lived with out it lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
I've had a few interesting issues with bluetooth networking since the upgrade, but I don't know if that is a Leopard issue or a problem with the other laptop. So I'll count myself as problem-free for now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Count me in as one who has had no problems whatsoever. The install went perfectly (A&I) and everything has been working great. I am really enjoying learning all of the little things about Leopard and incorporating them into my workflow. Seems like I am always finding something else that is really cool and helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Well in the week I had Leopard installed on my MacBook I had no problems at all - I like it very much. Unfortunately my MacBook had another problem which I hoped Leopard might fix (wishful thinking on my part) it did not so the MacBook is now with an Apple Premium Partner or whatever they call themselves waiting to be fixed by one of their busy techs - so far... almost a week without my MacBook :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Leopard has been working for me like a charm. the only thing I had go wrong was hardware related and I got that taken care of. Leopard itself though seems to work very well. I havent yet been able to get the A2DP working quite the way I want it to and havent settled on a good bluetooth a2dp headset but I will eventually dispite the mods here doing their best to keep me from experiencing a2dp on my imac.

Reaction score
Working great for me.Only problem I have had is when I made an account for my kids and now the Dashboard widgets don't work, nothing shows up. I can live with that as I don't use them anyhow. Seems like a wierd bug.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2/2
Mac Mini 2/ 2 Problem free

I did a simple upgrade and had no issues with the OS, It is much more responsive than tiger. Spotlight improvements alone made the update worth it.

Other third party apps gave me some issues until their 10.5 updates were installed. But unlike the majority of people on the board I do not blame that on the OS.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No real issues here on 4 machines. Going to do my last in my Family Pack install tonight and will then have 5 Macs with Leopard.

Only issues I have seen are sometimes when opening folders and setting it to say Folder or Icon view and going backwards, the first window changes to what I set the 2nd window to. If I close the folder and open it again, it's back to normal. Seen a few threads on it on other forums. Not a big thing but I am sure it will be addressed in 10.5.1.

Otherwise not one issue at all. IBook G4 1.33Ghz, iMac G5 2.1 iSight, Intel Mini 1.66 Core Duo & Mac Mini G4 1.5Ghz. No issues with Airport either on all 4 systems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
no problems here at all.. don't really use bootcamp at all but am using parallels and it is beautiful. Of course I installed an extra gig of ram :) and leopard is lovely. The only problem I have is that some software is not yet compatible for leopard, namely azureus and I am rather anxious for candybar 3 to finally be released.

leopard is smooothhh....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
No problems either on iMac...minor issues on PowerBook G4...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450Mhz 1Gb Ram, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25Gb RAM
We guess i should throw in my 2cents for the bottom of the pile of machine performance...

My 12" iBook 1.2Ghz with 1.25Gb RAM..
Works a dream!!

The only think that doesn't work is the transparency on the toolbar.. and the dock is slightly glitchy when scrolling across the dock with magnification really quickly.. but that'll b the graphics card only being a 9200 where as the 1.33Ghz has a 9550 and can handle these features.
But that is nothing to moan about..

I have had no problems installing or running anything yet, and am chuffed to bits!!!

Only had it on for 24hrs so havn't got through all the features but really enjoying it and I know it's gunna get better as all the bug fixes come out :D

Highly recommended for people with the same machine!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
4 installs on 4 machines, no issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.