New Macbook Model

Reaction score
hello ,

i am a current winows user who is in the process to converting to a macbook,
i have a problem which i have searched for and found no real answers

is there going to be a new macbook ?

can anyone pleaase help as that is the only thin:Smirk: g stopping me from buying a macbook at this momment in time ,,
thanks in advace ,
fahid

note after writing:
i toOK a trip down to the apple store to order a macbook today and they said there will be a new black macbook shipping in two weeks, the difference is that the
2.2 GHz
1 GB 880 DDR2 ( IT IS POSSIBLE TO UPGRADE TO 4 GB WHERE AS BEFOR U WERE ONLY ALLOWED TO UPGRADE IT TO 2 GB)

THANKS FOR READING , LOOKING FORWARD TO FEEDBACK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1.3 powerbook, OSx 10.4
What do you mean specifically?

There's always going to be a refresh of some level, and we've just had one which moved to Santa Rosa platform and Leopard OS. Don't expect the laptops to change again for the best part of a year.

If you mean is there going to be a new line or model, well I don't think anyone can tell you that. Apple is good at keeping product releases quiet until the official unveiling.

Bottom line is I would not expect any changes or addition to the MacBook line for another year, that's probably more consistent than most PC laptop manufacturers.

Oh, and from what you implied; there's no NEED to move from Windows - your MacBook can be set up to dual boot into Mac OS X or Windows.

OP
F
Reaction score
hey , thanks for replying
i mean the change of the shape of the macbook, because people say that the shape might change in november, sonmething about 182 average days or something,
and thanks for the dual boot info
and when u mean another year , in which month of 2008
thanks
awaiting ur reply

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1.3 powerbook, OSx 10.4
You know more than I do if you are expecting a chassis change this month.

I don't know of any upcoming changes, like I said I would not expect to see a change for about a year, there's no significant Intel tech coming out.

The only feature I can think of changing would be to use the new 45 um and quad processors. This will probably happen on the expensive desktop and MacBook Pros first, with the MacBook being lower end I would not expect seeing such things until about this Nov 2008.

There might be small increases in processor speed and RAM/hard disk size in 6 months but I think this is insignificant.

OP
F
Reaction score
well said ,
im robably going to purchase a macbook now anyway because i know that nothing will change very soon ,
do u have a mac ?
if so , what do u think of it ,
what are the pros and cons
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook C2D 1GB RAM
I've had a Macbook for a little over a month now. For the most part, it's been pretty painless and a lot of fun. It's very customizable and there are similarities to Windows so it's really not as bad as some people think.

The one thing I am going through right now is deleting applications. I was under the impression that all you had to do was drag the application folder to the trash and that was it. While that is the case for some, it is not the case for all. I downloaded the Tivo2Go application and decided to scrap it so I dragged the folder to the trash, emptied it but still find Tivo2Go files hanging around.

From what I've read, it probably required an uninstaller, which came with it. However, it's probably gone since I emptied the trash.

Using Windows, you just know that if you want to remove an application you have to go Control Panel and uninstall it. I figured it was a uniform process for the Mac too but I guess not.

This is probably the only "con" that I've come across. It's really not that big of a deal. It is just growing pains.

There are many more pros. Great battery life is one of them. I can probably get anywhere to 4-5 hours of use on my Macbook. Bootup time is significantly faster than on a PC. The system won't slow down overtime either.

That is just the beginning. There is much more. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
The one thing I am going through right now is deleting applications. I was under the impression that all you had to do was drag the application folder to the trash and that was it. While that is the case for some, it is not the case for all. I downloaded the Tivo2Go application and decided to scrap it so I dragged the folder to the trash, emptied it but still find Tivo2Go files hanging around.

From what I've read, it probably required an uninstaller, which came with it. However, it's probably gone since I emptied the trash.

Using Windows, you just know that if you want to remove an application you have to go Control Panel and uninstall it. I figured it was a uniform process for the Mac too but I guess not.

Download AppZapper. Using this little app, you just drag the app you want to uninstall from your Applications folder to AppZapper's drop zone, and it will remove the application plus all the associated files automatically. This was definitely a little different for me when I first switched from Windows. I actually much prefer the Mac way of doing it now that I've learned how it works and started using AppZapper - no more uninstallers that fail halfway through and then require me to reinstall the application only to remove it again (I'm sure all of us past Windows sufferers have had that experience. :) ).

OP
F
Reaction score
thanks a lot guys,
im going to buy a macbook today if possible ,
very impressed,thanks for feedback and help ,
is i'life any good ,
looking forward to feedback

Reaction score
I love CleanApp, can't remember what made me prefer it over AppZapper if I'm honest, but the uninstalling of apps also confused me at first. But you get used to it :)

In terms of a new Macbook model, who knows, there's no point holding your thumbs and waiting for announcements - you want a Mac? Then go buy a Mac! It's still going to be a superior system and the only difference is hardware tweaking which probably won't be too much of a difference. I keep hearing rumours of slimmer Macbooks being released eventually but I've had my Macbook about 6 months now, I love it, it's thin enough for me already so the upgrade wouldn't have been worth waiting for in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook C2D 1GB RAM
Download AppZapper. Using this little app, you just drag the app you want to uninstall from your Applications folder to AppZapper's drop zone, and it will remove the application plus all the associated files automatically. This was definitely a little different for me when I first switched from Windows. I actually much prefer the Mac way of doing it now that I've learned how it works and started using AppZapper - no more uninstallers that fail halfway through and then require me to reinstall the application only to remove it again (I'm sure all of us past Windows sufferers have had that experience. :) ).

There's also cleanapp which is great too... works just like appzapper

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/21453
Thanks! I'll look into those tonight.

I was playing around with it last night and I was able to delete those extra files through Spotlight. I guess that's just another way to do it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook C2D 1GB RAM
thanks a lot guys,
im going to buy a macbook today if possible ,
very impressed,thanks for feedback and help ,
is i'life any good ,
looking forward to feedback
I haven't played around too much with the various programs of iLife. I mostly use iTunes and iPhoto. I want to get into GarageBand but haven't had the time yet.

I'm running iPhoto 08 on Tiger. I understand on Leopard it switches to an iTunes interface, which I think is cool.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.