MacBook HD upgrade issue

Reaction score
So I just upgraded the Hard Drive in my MacBook CoreDuo from 60GB to a Hitachi 7200RPM 200GB hard drive. It seems to be working great except for one thing. When I start up my machine, I get a file with a question mark, and then the standard apple logo appears almost immediately. Does anyone know what might be wrong. I verified permissions, and I am getting this:
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.
I know that it is referring to Apple Remote Desktop. Is this what it is causing the ? at startup? How can I fix this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
you've probably already done this but i'll suggest it anyway... start it up with the osx cd in the drive and look up the keypress to make it force boot from the cd.

OP
S
Reaction score
you've probably already done this but i'll suggest it anyway... start it up with the osx cd in the drive and look up the keypress to make it force boot from the cd.

Can you explain how to do this further. I am not sure how to do this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
This is just a shot in the dark... I don't recognize the error message, but it seems to me that it might just be that the boot order was changed somehow. I don't know how likely that is in this case, but it's the only advice I have to offer. It's something to check, at least.

The person in this thread (linked below) had a different issue, but the effect was the same-the machine would look for the hard drive before it booted off of it. If you're not familiar with how to change the boot order, this post will help:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=522119&postcount=2

OP
S
Reaction score
This is just a shot in the dark... I don't recognize the error message, but it seems to me that it might just be that the boot order was changed somehow. I don't know how likely that is in this case, but it's the only advice I have to offer. It's something to check, at least.

The person in this thread (linked below) had a different issue, but the effect was the same-the machine would look for the hard drive before it booted off of it. If you're not familiar with how to change the boot order, this post will help:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=522119&postcount=2

That fixed it. Thanks for the help. I have noticed with the new hard drive, the system seems to run a lot quicker, I am sure due to the switch from 5400 to 7200. I have noticed that the drive seems to run a little bit louder than the old drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.