itunes and Alpine cd player. compatible??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook c2d 2.16ghz 1gig ram 120 gig hdd
Hi y'all, I just installed a alpine cd player player in my car today. I burned a cd-r with some music on it and it takes a long time... about 2 minutes before it decides to play the first track, if i switch to the next track same thing.....

It has no problems with the cd's purchased at the retail music store they play just fine.

Is it possible that the deck is not compatible with itunes, or could it be my CDR media? or is it that my alpine reciever is to old? (7 years+) The disc was burned on my macbook using itunes.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
iTunes has nothing to do with it. I'm guessing its either the media or that the drive on the deck might need to be cleaned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
Older players might sometimes have problems playing burned discs. The stock player I have in my car takes a long time to read burned discs also. But it will read Sony CD-R's pretty well, and TDK seems to work also. Try burning your CD's at 1x speed in itunes and use Sony's and see what happens.

OP
sockeye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks I will try your advice.

OP
sockeye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried slower 1x write speed but same problem, used a different cdr as well
I will look for different media Hmmm...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Am inclined to go along with Stretch on this one.

Would get one of the disk cleaners and try cleaning the drive.
And not all car decks from 7 years ago could play cd-r's all that well, if at all. Although, I would think that Alpine would have been one of the leaders in regards to this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A 7-year old Alpine player would definitely be able to play cd-r's. He said it will play burned cd's, it just takes a long time before it will read the track. It's the exact same problem I have with the factory stereo in my car, which is a 2000. As soon as I started using Sony's, the problem was fixed. Definitely try cleaning the drive too. Did you try Sony, or just a different brand than what you were using before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 2GB ram, ATI HD2600 PRO, 320gb HDD
Try cleaning the drive, but being 7 years old Id say pick up a new deck. I got a bad*** Pioneer for $150 Plays mp3, wma, and aac. I run that through infinity mids and two memphis 10's with a 500w amp bridged to 1000w running the subs. sounds beautiful. Id say get a new deck just because of the ability to put many many songs compared to standard cd as Im guessing your getting 14-18 songs per disk?

OP
sockeye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank, everyone, I have not cleaned the drive or tried sony cdr's yet, but will give it a go before I get a new head unit (receiver). I have been looking at pioneer and Alpine receivers at crutchfields and like the fact that I can control My 5g ipod while it stays nicely hidden away. Being I had the alpine I thought I would try it out but it is getting to be a fossil in comparison to whats out now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just got the isimple ipod adapter for my car...the cord comes right up through my center console, just plug in your ipod. It connects to my old stock stereo so I don't even have to worry about it not playing CD's anymore and I never have to bring my CD case with me, just an ipod.

OP
sockeye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just got the isimple ipod adapter for my car...the cord comes right up through my center console, just plug in your ipod. It connects to my old stock stereo so I don't even have to worry about it not playing CD's anymore and I never have to bring my CD case with me, just an ipod.

Brandon, will this work with my alpine? It DOES NOT have a jack built in on the front panel like the new receivers.

I will google isimple thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually, I'm not sure...they may be made specifically for factory stock car stereos. Go to BestBuy or somewhere similar and ask about having the isimple installed. It cost $150 for parts and labor. I would recommend speaking with the guys who actually do the installation, since my friend tried to get one put in and the first guy he talked to in the car audio department had no idea what he was talking about, even said such a thing didn't exist.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.