Couple of questions...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 - 768 SDRAM - 667 MHz - 15" - Keeping it REAL..... real old that is...
Well, I have been trying to help people with some of their Mac problems, now I have a couple of questions.

1. Every now and again my pointer shoots to some random part of my screen without me even touching the track pad. It doesn't happen all the time, just every now and again. Any theories as to why this happens?

2. Lately I have had problems opening .zip files. Stuffit keeps crashing when I try to use it to unzip something. Getting this error...
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000004

Well, what do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Without touching the pad? Weird....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
sounds like a cheap mouse... I had a $16 kingston mouse that did the exact same thing.

OP
powerbook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 - 768 SDRAM - 667 MHz - 15" - Keeping it REAL..... real old that is...
It's the mouse on my PowerBook though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
Do you get that error when you try and unzip anything or that particular file?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Stuffit has some serious problems. I would suggest that you just use OS X to unzip your archives and not Stuffit.

M

MacHeadCase

About the moving cursor problem... I had that problem too, using OS X 10.4.10 Tiger here about a month ago. One day out of the blue, the wireless Mighty Mouse cursor would drag itself to the lower left hand side of the screen and I simply could not get it to stay where I wanted and use it normally: just like if that part of the screen was magnetized or something.

The cursor wouldn't stay long enough for me to choose Shut Down from the menubar so in my haste I shut it down via the power button.

I restarted in Safe Boot mode and used MainMenu to clean out the user and system (deep clean) cache: restarted normally and all was well after that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.