Install starts again after finish up reboot:(

Reaction score
HI all

I have just got a G5 Power Mac 7,3 off a friend whos gone traveling he was selling up all his stuff for extra cash. i new the mac needed a osx disk but it isnt going to plan!

when i turn on the mac im greeted with a folder flashing with a question mark, im aware the macs saying i dont no where to look to find the os files, but cant fix this.

ive put in a mac osx tiger disk, (original copy) and gone through the set up.

both archive and install, and then erase and install.

the install runs though fine, and gets to the final step and says reboot in 30 seconds. after reboot the system goes back to the osx set up on the disk.

and with out the disk in the drive im back to the flashing folder and question mark.

when the osx disk is on setup, i am able to acess the installer menu and utilities, and have ran Disk Utility / first aid/ and my drive apears to be ok.

can anyone please give me some feedback to whats going on and how i may sort this out.

many thanks :)

OP
O
Reaction score
Flashing Folder and question that wont stop even after install of osx

HI all

I have just got a G5 Power Mac 7,3 off a friend whos gone traveling he was selling up all his stuff for extra cash. i new the mac needed a osx disk but it isnt going to plan!

when i turn on the mac im greeted with a folder flashing with a question mark, im aware the macs saying i dont no where to look to find the os files, but cant fix this.

ive put in a mac osx tiger disk, (original copy) and gone through the set up.

both archive and install, and then erase and install.

the install runs though fine, and gets to the final step and says reboot in 30 seconds. after reboot the system goes back to the osx set up on the disk.

and with out the disk in the drive im back to the flashing folder and question mark.

when the osx disk is on setup, i am able to acess the installer menu and utilities, and have ran Disk Utility / first aid/ and my drive apears to be ok.

can anyone please give me some feedback to whats going on and how i may sort this out.

many thanks

M

MacHeadCase

Yep. But even if it is a hardware issue, it does not justify cross-posting to cover all the bases sorta. :)

OP
O
Reaction score
mac_vs_pc_2.png

:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.