Printer help needed

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a couple of Macbooks, and I have a Windows 2003 Server machine, and an Epson Stylus CX5000 printer. The printer is shared on a wireless network. I have used the printer via wireless with my windows laptop with no problems. I cannot get it working on my macbooks. I can install the drivers and I can see the printer via Appletalk, but I cannot get my wireless to work with the driver. Initially the driver was not even visible in the list to choose from and now that it is, it is not working at all. It gives me a communication error. The drivers provided with Leopard do not work either and the printer will not function as a generic post-script printer.

Any chance I can get this working or is it an issue of the Mac driver not working on wireless.

Anyone have a similar setup and / or advice?

Thanks!

Macnoobie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
If it's a Windows share from the W2K3 server, or any windows os for that matter, you will have issues. But especially a server.

If it's a wireless printer than that's a different story.

OP
M
Reaction score
If it's a Windows share from the W2K3 server, or any windows os for that matter, you will have issues. But especially a server.

If it's a wireless printer than that's a different story.

I have the server sharing. It works with my windows based laptop but I cannot get it to work with the Macbook. I can get it to communicate but the printouts are errors because when I try to add the network printer it wont let me use the correct driver.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Try a post script driver similar, if not exct to your printer model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.