My iPod's got a problem.. yes or no?

W

wahdiatme

Ok, so I've had my iPod since the end of may and loved every minute of it. Lately, well ever since I've had it, it seems, that if I leave for a period of about 2 or 3 days without it coming on it restarts and does the apple thing and reboots every time. Also, I dont think i'm getting the right battery power out of it. Another thing.. I just downloaded the july iPod update a few days ago (yeah im late) and tried to put it on my iPod and i noticed i had to restore my iPod to facotory settings and delete all the songs.. Ok i did it and then the little update button would never become active and all it would let me do is restore. The version i have on it right now is 2.2 is that the version i need? any help with this would be good, and tell me if the reboot thing on it is normal...

thanks

OP
C

Cloudane

Mine reboots after it's been switched off for a while, so presumably it normally 'sleeps' but properly 'turns off' after a set time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
well i think its my hard drive because it enjoys clicking.

OP
W

wahdiatme

i'd like to say its my girlfriend, but its just an ebay pic someone used to sell their PB once..

OP
S

spxyu02

wahdiatme said:
i'd like to say its my girlfriend, but its just an ebay pic someone used to sell their PB once..

There needs to be a collection of pictures like this, y'know, for a powerbook calendar. I'd take 2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
wahdiatme said:
Ok, so I've had my iPod since the end of may and loved every minute of it. Lately, well ever since I've had it, it seems, that if I leave for a period of about 2 or 3 days without it coming on it restarts and does the apple thing and reboots every time. Also, I dont think i'm getting the right battery power out of it. Another thing.. I just downloaded the july iPod update a few days ago (yeah im late) and tried to put it on my iPod and i noticed i had to restore my iPod to facotory settings and delete all the songs.. Ok i did it and then the little update button would never become active and all it would let me do is restore. The version i have on it right now is 2.2 is that the version i need? any help with this would be good, and tell me if the reboot thing on it is normal...

thanks

What am i looking at here *stares at avatar*

Yeah, it's normal for the iPod to start from the Apple screen every once in a while, specially if it's not been used for a while. It has energy saver.

If you want to restart due to a error or something you can press and hold the Select and Menu buttons for at least 6 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.