Battery life

Reaction score
Hello Everyone new to the forum and also new to macs.

I have a few questions regarding the battery on my mac pro 15". I find that I am only getting around 2-2 and half hours out of it, that is using the net. What battery life should I be getting out of it, using just the net. Also what colour is the light on the battery charger supposed to light up, green or amber?

Also my computer says it was TM and Copy righted in 07, why does it have a 2006 battery in it. Does that mean that the battery could be faulty?

Kind regards,
Aisling

Reaction score
battery life

Mine got about about 2-3 hours when new, or essentially enough to watch a DVD on battery power and then it was just about done.

It now runs much shorter, cutting off without warning at 40% remaining power (yeah I need to take it in).

The LED is green when the battery is fully charged, reddish amber when charging.

Steve

OP
Ash84
Reaction score
I am getting around 2-2 1/2 hrs still. When I got my mac I assumed Leopard was installed and just turned it on and did the updates that were required. Maybe I did the battery update that everyone has been talking about and it has caused problems.

Should I get onto apple about the problem, or can they even do anything to help?

I am not having a problem with the battery shutting down at 40% and it lets me know when it's running low.

Maybe I just assumed that the battery should last longer than it is, and maybe it is working the way it should. I am not sure, so I thought I would ask anyhow.

Thanks for your reply Steve.

Kind regards,
Aisling

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP LED 15" SR 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NIVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
Apple claims up to 6 hours. Six hours my butt, I get 2 1/2 maybe 3 on a good day.

OP
Ash84
Reaction score
I had seen that webpage also, so presumed there was a problem as my mac is just a week old. Why claim that you can get 6 hrs out of the battery when clearly you can't. I have done everything to reserve battery life so far, changed the battery settings and switched off unnecessary things, al to know avail.

I am going to e-mail mac and see what they come back with. I will let you all know what they have to say.

Kind regards,
Aisling

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Cruising the internet, 3 hours or so...watching a movie or playing a game...2 hours tops. These are all assuming that i run full brightness all the time...which i do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" Mid-2015.
The most I have gottten out of it was 5 hrs 5 mins. That is only web/mail browsing with airport and bluetooth off. Screen dimmed all the way down and sound muted. No video playback.

With all above running I get about 1.5 to 2 hrs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.